Welcome to the HashBit documentation site!
Please note that both the HashBit software and this documentation site will improve over time and is still a work-in-progress.
Be sure to engage with our community channels to stay updated.
Have fun trading and see you on chain!
What is HashBit?
HashBit is an innovative solution to bring programmability and interoperability to HashBit. HashBit relies on a system of PoA consensus that can support short block time and lower fees. The most bonded validator candidates of staking will become validators and produce blocks. The double-sign detection and other slashing logic guarantee security, stability, and chain finality.
Please read the FAQ to get started.
What can I do with HashBit?
The purpose of the new blockchain and DEX is to create an alternative marketplace for issuing and exchanging digital assets in a decentralized manner.
- Send and receive HBIT
- Issue new tokens to digitalize assets, and use HashBit as underlying exchange/transfer network for the assets
For developers, you can also:
HashBit, HBIT boasts smart contract functionality and compatibility with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). The design goal here was to leave the high throughput of HashBit intact while introducing smart contracts into its ecosystem.
Because HBIT is EVM-compatible, it launched with support for the rich universe of Ethereum tools and DApps. In theory, this makes it easy for developers to port their projects over from Ethereum. For users, it means that applications like MetaMask can be easily configured to work with HBIT. Seriously – it’s just a matter of tweaking a couple of settings. Check out Use MetaMask for HashBit to get started.
- Send and receive HBIT
- Explore the transaction history and blocks on the chain, via HBIT EXPLORER, API and node RPC interfaces.
Developers can also:
- Issue new tokens to digitalize assets
- Run a full node to listen to and broadcast live updates on transactions, blocks, and consensus activities
- Develop wallets and tools to help users use Dapps
HBIT (and Other Coins) MainNet Switch
HashBit (HBIT) was an MultiChain Coin on the Native JavaChain, BEP20 Network and HBC20 Blockchain network.
HashBit is ready for other projects to migrate their tokens to take advantage of performant transactions with more liquidity options and native marketplace features.
More information about how projects can set themselves up for this (via hashbit.org or partners) will come soon.
Continue reading below if you are interested in what is happening under the hood!
- HashBit as a Block Chain: about consensus, software stack, network layout and roles.
- Run a HashBit full node: how to run a full node and become part of the p2p network of HashBit.
Thanks to the community, our partners and supporters.